Join Step Up Sheffield
Getting to the University in a way that is good for the environment and your neighbourhood deserves more than just a pat on the back. With the BetterPoints app your sustainable journeys can earn you rewards every time you walk, wheel, run, cycle, or use public transport.
Earning BetterPoints is easy! Download the BetterPoints app from the App Store or Google Play. It will track how you choose to get around and show how many points you’ve earned. You can spend your points at University of Sheffield catering outlets or donate them to charity.
Step Up is all about encouraging people to come to the University sustainably and help create a cleaner, greener city by travelling in ways that benefit the environment, health and your community.
Watch a short video here or follow these instructions to get you started:
1. Download the BetterPoints app from the App Store or the Google Play Store.
2. Register using your @sheffield.ac.uk email address.
3. You will be automatically added to the Step Up challenge. There will be a welcome message about this on your timeline in the app.
4. Tap the Play ▶️ button in the top right corner of the app.
5. Track your activity via Automatic (always on) or Manual Tracking (when you want to track a specific activity.)
6. Start earning BetterPoints and BetterTickets!
How can we help you to stay motivated?
With BetterPoints you can see your points accumulate in the app. Check out the rewards you can earn here. We will also share news of what is going on at the University to help you to stay active. We've got regular prize draws, plus we'll have campaigns, competitions and giveaways throughout the programme.
How much information do I need to share to sign up?