Join Step Up Sheffield
Getting to the University in a way that is good for the environment and your neighbourhood deserves more than just a pat on the back. With the BetterPoints app your sustainable journeys can earn you rewards every time you walk, wheel, run, cycle, or use public transport to get to a University of Sheffield site.
Earning BetterPoints is easy! Download the BetterPoints app from the App Store or Google Play. You can record your trips to clock up rewards, which you can then spend at University of Sheffield catering outlets or donate to charity.
Follow these steps to get started:
1. Download the BetterPoints app from the App Store or Google Play.
2. Tap Join now in the app and register with your @sheffield.ac.uk email address (or you won't be able to join Step Up)
3. You will be automatically added to the Step Up challenge. There will be a welcome message on your timeline in the app.
4. Turn tracking on in the top right-hand corner of the homescreen.
5. Leave it on to automatically record all your journeys and make sure you never miss out on BetterPoints or BetterTicket prize draw entries. You can turn it on and off at the start and end of each trip if you would prefer to record manually.
6. Start earning BetterPoints and BetterTickets!
How can we help you to stay motivated?
With BetterPoints you can see your points accumulate in the app. Check out the rewards you can earn here. We will also share news of what is going on at the University to help you to stay active. We've got regular prize draws, plus we'll have campaigns, competitions and giveaways throughout the year.
How much information do I need to share to sign up?